“This is an interesting book, a real positive for settings in which touch is part of therapy. All too often, the nature of touch is not considered in healthcare — what it means to the patient who feels the touch, how can it be harnessed to help the patient, etc. This book does a very fine job of sensitizing readers to the emotional considerations involved. It links anatomy to psychology and psychology to emotion, providing a context for the emotional release that touch can engender that practitioners should be aware of.” — Dana J Lawrence, DC, MMedEd, MA (Palmer College of Chiropractic)
“Expertly explains emotional release, chronic patterns of tension that dampen emotional expression, and methods for responding professionally and effectively.” — Book News
From the Back Cover
Written for students and experienced practitioners alike, The Psychology of the Body explores the intricate connections between the mind and body and the underlying psychological factors that influence the therapist-client relationship and the outcome of your work. As a manual therapist, your efforts can affect your clients’ physical bodies, as well as their psychological and emotional states.
- Learn to understand and identify the phenomenon of emotional release and how you can respond effectively and responsibly.
- Discover ways for choosing methods and techniques that are both physically and psychologically suited for each client.
- Gain a greater understanding of boundary issues concerning ethical behavior and learn how to use a therapeutic frame to maintain these essential boundaries and provide a “safe space” for your clients.
- Examine factors that may indicate when and how to refer to and collaborate with mental health professionals.
- Suggestions for applying concepts of practical issues through actual practice and self-directed exercises
- In-depth discussions of chronic tension patterns with psychological issues, how to select the appropriate therapeutic strategy for each, and how you can work to release these patterns
- Case Studies and new art bring to life the concepts and methods discussed
- New Cultural Context boxes addressing cultural differences in approaches to mental health and related practices
- From the Inside Out boxes provide readers with opportunities for self-exploration
- A clear explanation of the difference between massage and psychotherapy and the appropriate limits of psychological intervention for massage therapists
- Basic information about the more commonly occurring mental health conditions that you may encounter, along with how manual therapies may be applicable
Get Dunn – The Psychology of the Body – Elliot Greene & Barbara Goodrich, Only Price 15.90$
Tag: Dunn – The Psychology of the Body – Elliot Greene & Barbara Goodrich Review. Dunn – The Psychology of the Body – Elliot Greene & Barbara Goodrich download. Dunn – The Psychology of the Body – Elliot Greene & Barbara Goodrich discount.